[padg] PARS Digital Preservation Discussion Group -- Questions for Training Needs

Good morning, everyone -- below are some questions to help guide our discussion of digital preservation training, so you have a chance to consider in advance what is needed. I look forward to seeing everyone -- safe travels, and hope you have a great ALA.

PARS Digital Preservation Discussion Group

Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:00 -10:00 AM

Washington Convention Center Room 143A

Questions for Discussion: Digital Preservation Training Needs

  1. What are the current training opportunities?
  2. What are our current/future (ALCTS/PARS member) training needs?
  3. At what level do we need to concentrate our efforts (basic/medium)?
  4. What are the key resources that people should refer to assist with understanding the range of issues that need to be addressed?
  5. Is there an interest in an annual pre-conference or educational program at ALA to provide ongoing training in digital preservation (pay and go) – i.e., with a carefully devised curricula offered regularly over time?
  6. What would you want covered (topics/list)???
  7. Is there an interest in encouraging ALA/ALCTS to organize continuing education programming, including giving credits? Online? At ALA meetings?
Karen E.K. Brown
Preservation Librarian
University at Albany SL 310
1400 Washington Avenue