RE: [padg] Shelf-ready Binding

Hi Valinda,

Just one question of clarification regarding shelf-ready books you get from Blackwell -- are you saying that ALL the books that come shelf-ready have the tattle-tapes in the textblock rather than in the spine?? Regardless of whether the binding is the publisher's binding or a vendor pre-binding? I, too, try to avoid tattle-tapes in the textblock whenever possible.

We have been investigating the possibility of using some of Blackwell's shelf-ready services, but have concluded that they would cost us 350% more than our current in-house processing. However, we didn't hear this detail about the tattle-tape placement.

Thanks for the clarification.

~Carol Eyler
Carol E. Eyler                                 ceyler@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Head of Technical Services
Carleton College Library                507-646-4268 voice
One North College St.                    507 646-4087 fax
Northfield, MN 55057