[PADG:1431] Vacuuming books

Hello all:

George Mason University is instituting a stacks cleaning program which involves vacuuming the books.  If anybody with experience implementing regular stacks cleaning would be willing to give me some advise with do's and don'ts I would appreciate it very much.  In particular I'm looking for input as to what kind of vacuum to purchase.  I want one with a HEPA filter and an extra long hose, but beyond that, I don't know if one brand is better than another and what model to acquire, and I would be very grateful for any information you could give me.  If you respond directly to me at lenep@xxxxxxx , I can summarize for the list if there is interest.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Lene Palmer

Lene Palmer
Collection Development and Preservation Librarian
Fenwick Library 2FL
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030