[PADG:1382] Stereoscope cards

All,

We have a collection of stereographs depicting Illinois State University
that were produced by the Keystone View Company.  They all measure 7x3.5",
and are made of a rather thick non-corrugated cardboard with two copies and
are not brittle at all.  They have not been stored in the most ideal
conditions.  They all are curved along the short (vertical) edge, but show
no signs of this curvature being caused by poor housing or rubber bands,
etc.  So my question for the group is: should these things be flat, or is
the curve natural and how they're supposed to be?

Thanks so much,

Victoria Heiduschke
Preservation Librarian
Illinois State University