From: owner-padg@xxxxxxx [mailto:owner-padg@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Barbara_Klassen@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 4:44 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Cc: Nathan_Matthews@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:1246] Re: Ballpoint ink on microfilm

The microphotographer in our library recommends using either alcohol or a
film cleaner (Kodak is one brand) and a cotton ball.
If you have any questions, you may contact Nathan Matthews at 303-236-0591
or nathan_matthews@xxxxxxx

Hope this helps.

Barbara Klassen
Cataloging/Library Systems
BLM Library
Building 50, Denver Federal Center
P.O. Box 25047
Denver CO 80225-0047
303-236-6647 Voice / 303-236-4810 FAX
barbara_klassen@xxxxxxx

Library Email  -  blm_library@xxxxxxx
Library Web Site  -  http://web.nc.blm.gov/blmlibrary

             <joangate@xxxxxxx
             du>
             owner-padg@xxxxxx         <PADG@xxxxxxx>
             g                                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/16/2006 12:45          [PADG:1244] Ballpoint ink on
             PM                        microfilm

             Please respond to
               padg@xxxxxxx

Can anyone on PADG tell me how to remove ballpoint ink from microfilm?  I
have a positive copy with several frames disfigured with ink.   Joan

Joan Gatewood
Digital Conversion Unit
University of Michigan Library
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-3213