[PADG:1192] Binding question

What do other library binding folk do when faced with binding a volume
of tri-folds (those single-sheet items that have folds both at the
binding edge and the fore edge - like a common brochure)? I don't get
these that often, but often enough to make me curse every time I see a
stack of them on my desk. I have cut the pages at the folds turning
1-11"x25" sheet into 3 8.5"x11" sheets, and I have trimmed the fore-edge
of the folded in leaf so that when it is bound it will still fold out.
Neither of these work for all volumes, and both are time consuming.

My current response is to let them sit on my desk for a while, before
finally asking a colleague to box them.

Does anyone have any binding secrets that I haven't thought of yet?

thanks,

Kevin Driedger
Cataloger/Collections Conservator
Library of Michigan