[PADG:1102] moisture meters

Our preservation department is interested in purchasing a moisture meter for reading humidity levels in specific special collection materials. We are currently considering the line of aquaboy moisture meters (http://www.aquaboy.com/) . Do any of you have experience or recommendations relative to moisture meters? We are seeking a probe which will allow us to easily and accurately read moisture levels within a book’s cover, textblock and specifically between a cover and bookjacket. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Kristin Alana Baum

Assistant Conservator

University of Iowa Libraries

100 Main Library

Iowa City   IA   52242-1420

319. 335.5503

kristin-baum@xxxxxxxxx

give to project CALM (Katrina/Mississippi Disaster Relief)

http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/preservation/pages/news/katrina.htm

The cARTalog project

http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/pr/cartalog/