[PADG:1086] Re: Fw: RLG DigiNews June issue now available

I am away from the office, returning Monday, June 26.

Ann Seibert, Asst. Director, Preservation Programs, will be Acting Director, Preservation Programs.  Please contact her at 301-837-1567 or ann.seibert@xxxxxxxx

If there is a records emergency, please contact NARA security at 301-837-2900.  Security will contact the Records Emergency (Beeper) Response Team.

-
Doris A. Hamburg
Director, Preservation Programs
National Archives and Records Administration

>>> padg 06/20/06 19:25 >>>

The June 2006 issue of RLG DigiNews is now available at

http://www.rlg.org/en/page.php?Page_ID=20952

Volume 10, Number 3 includes:

Feature Article 1
Foundations for a Successful Digital Preservation Program: Discussions
from Digital Preservation in State Government: Best Practices
Exchange 2006  by Christy E. Allen

Feature Article 2
UBdigit: A Repository Infrastructure for Digital Collections at the
University at Buffalo  by Carole Ann Fabian

Feature Article 3
RLG Image Services: Where We Are and Where We Are Going
by Ricky Erway

Highlighted Website
Greenstone

You've Got Mail�Now What? Regulatory & Policy Dilemmas in Email
Management Part I: US State Environment

RLG News
The RLG-OCLC Combination and RLG DigiNews

 Now in its tenth year of publication, RLG DigiNews is a bimonthly
 web-based newsletter intended to:

 *  Focus on issues of particular interest and value to managers of
digital
      initiatives with a preservation component or rationale.
 *  Provide filtered guidance and pointers to relevant projects to improve
      our awareness of evolving practices in image conversion and digital
      preservation.
 *  Announce publications (in any form) that will help staff attain a
     deeper understanding of digital issues.

 For more information about RLG or RLG's preservation community, please
 contact:
 Robin L. Dale
 RLG Member Programs
 2029 Stierlin Court, Suite 100