[PADG:1032] Microfilm security

I have received the following request for information on securing our
microfilm service copies.  Has anyone found a solution?  In my search I
found a tattle tape in the form of a "fake barcode".  Could this be attached
to the leader without harm to the film?

"Apparently some of our microfilm reels have gone missing over time and it's
been expensive to replace them. Has there been any discussion at any point
about somehow marking or tattle taping or using some other method to secure
the actual reels of microfilm rather than the box that the microfilm comes
in?"

Joan

Joan Gatewood
University of Michigan Library