[PADG:1026] Re: aperback preferred question

This is from one of our collection development librarians:

Seems to make sense. Most university presses have been printing on non-acidic paper. I personally prefer the feel of a hardback book, and I think the commercial bindings on paperbacks look a little boring. Seems like an originally hardbound book might be able to take a bit more abuse, but I have no data to support this. I believe the Acquisitions Librarian has told me that our practice is to always buy paper on firm orders if it is available.
--
Kristen Kern
Preservation/Catalog Librarian

phone:  503-725-5218