[PADG:946] PNL Wenesday audioconference

I received this announcement yesterday. "The Partnership for a Nation of Learners is a leadership initiative of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the Institute of Museum and Library Services. It encourages libraries, museums and public broadcasters to work collaboratively to address local needs, increase civic engagement and improve the quality of life in communities across the country."
Tomorrow's session includes a preservation project, this may be of interest.

Karen Mokrzycki UC Santa Cruz

Successful collaborative projects require careful planning and design.  This month’s interactive session explores Designing for Impact by example.  We will be joined by three PNL-funded projects – each of which is in the throes of project implementation.  We will learn about each of the three projects and uncover some of the lessons learned during the formative stages of this work.

Our presenting projects will be:

Eye on the Night Sky: A Project for Science Literacy
Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium, working together with Vermont Public Radio

Perspectives: Issues and Explorations
Haines Borough Public Library, working together with Lynn Canal Broadcasting

Saving Nebraska's Treasurers: Preventive Conservation for Families, Museums, & Libraries
Nebraska State Historical Society, working together with the Nebraska Library Commission and Nebraska Educational Telecommunications (NET)

Join us Wednesday April 12, from 2-3:30 PM EST for “Designing for Impact.”  This will be an audioconference, with a PowerPoint downloaded to the user's desktop.  Advance registration is required by Tuesday, April 11 at 5:00 PM EST.  Please visit www.partnershipforlearners.org, Learning Opportunities page.

And, mark your calendars for the second Partnership for Community Collaboration Videoconference, on June 19, 2006, from 1:00-3:00 pm ET. Our first conference was a hit, with nearly 2000 participants at 72 locations across the country. If you were a participant, don’t miss this chance to follow up with your “dates” or, if you didn’t participate in the first conference, join in the fun!  More details to follow.