[PADG:929] Re: Seek venue to publish environmental analysis article

If he's thinking of the educational benefits, then what about an
education journal? Maybe Journal of Experiential Education, Michigan
Journal of Community Service Learning, or Journal of Higher Education
Outreach and Engagement?
  I think it's a good model - cross-disciplinary and high-level - and
would be a great source for educators to look at, since there isn't too
much that's really new in the field.
  And if you need another library to practice on, I have one here in
Kentucky....

  Otherwise, since it's pretty specific to paper collections, I'd lean
towards the library side, rather than the architectural.

Susan

Susan Knoer, MLIS
Special Collections Reference Archivist
Ekstrom Library
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
502/852-6752
502/852-8734 FAX
susan.marie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> tgrant@xxxxxx 03/27/06 4:00 PM >>>
Three KU faculty have been working (as a team) teaching architecture and
engineering classes that first learn about collections environment
research and then analyze and evaluate the environment in KU's Spencer
Library (a standalone special collections building).  One of the
architecture professors wants to publish something about their work. As
of now he's considering focusing on the educational benefits of this
project and also discussing how they've approached their analysis, what
they've done and (if they're sufficiently far along) discuss results and
future plans.

Here's my question:  We can think of library journals or architecture
journals for publishing this but can't think that one or the other would
be the ideal publishing venue.  Any ideas or advice about best place to
publish something like this?

Thanks,
Tyra Grant
Head, Preservation Department