[PADG:886] Re: PADG Preservation slogans

Thanks for the kind words about our preservation education products.  If anyone is interested, we have images of the current range of products at http://preserve.harvard.edu/resources/products.html.  While we are happy to have them inspire your thinking, they are copyrighted, and we have not sanctioned their use outside Harvard.

I would suggest consulting Jeanne Drewes and Julie Page's excellent book, Promoting Preservation Awareness in Libraries, for ideas.

Jane Hedberg, Harvard University Library

At 04:10 PM 3/2/2006 -0500, you wrote:
I think Harvard University Libraries did a similar campaign a couple of
years ago, with reading table cards and book marks.  They had a few
clever slogans...

-Doug Sanders
Indiana Historical Society

-----Original Message-----
From: Julia Merkel [mailto:merkeljm@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 3:57 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:882] Re: PADG Preservation slogans

Does anyone have any particularly catchy slogans for a preservation
campaign?
The Preservation Committee here is considering handing out spill proof
mugs and wonders if this has been done
elsewhere and with what success?

I like the Descartian version so far:  "I drink therefore I spill...."
but there's also "Think of it as a collegiate sippy cup."

Ideas anyone?
Do's and don'ts?

Julia Merkel

Jane Hedberg
Preservation Program Officer
Weissman Preservation Center
Harvard University Library
Holyoke Center 821
Cambridge, MA 02138
voice: (617) 495-8596   fax: (617) 496-8344
jane_hedberg@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://preserve.harvard.edu