[PADG:875] RE: does anyone rent lab space?

I have just, informally but with the informal blessing of the library director, offered the exchange of lab space for conservation work to a staff person who works at another library within my institution. I trained her in music score repair a few years ago and was impressed by her attention to detail. She wants to hone her book conservation skills and earn extra money by "moonlighting" on occasional weekends for the Yankee Peddler (based in town; their long-time conservator is retiring this summer). I wouldn't have made the arrangement with someone coming in off the street, though!

Alice Carli
Sibley Music Library