[PADG:781] Hard Copy Course Reserves

All,

Good afternoon.  I have searched the PADG archives and do not see anything on this topic so am hoping you all can, as per usual, be your helpful selves and give me an idea or two.  Thanks!!

UF is reviewing its hard copy (meaning there is a physical thing such as a book, bound journal, DVD, CD, etc.) course reserves policy to be more efficient, effective and preservationally correct. Topics we are examining are the use of a reserve sticker on the spine of the volume, the use of a flag attached to the date due slip indicating loan period and an indicator of which semester the book is one reserve for.  We also discussed different policies for materials held by the Library and titles owned by the Professor herself which have been placed on reserve.

If any of you are involved in setting hard copy course reserve procedures, or if your Library has documentation re: your hard copy reserve policy, and you could let me know 'how you do it good' there, I would be most appreciative. Please contact me directly at cmook@xxxxxxx or cathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If there is sufficient interest, I will summarize for the list.

Thanks,

Cathy

Cathleen L. (Mook) Martyniak
Head, Preservation Department