[PADG:754] Re: rainy day bags for circulating materials

Andy,

The University of Washington Libraries has rainy day book bags. We have a web page at:

http://www.lib.washington.edu/Preservation/bookbags.html

However, we need to revise the web page as our Friends recently decided the Libraries should take over the expense since it was on going. (We have used them since 1999.) They are now purchased with revenue from our library coffee shop - Suzzallo Espresso. The artwork has changed to delete references to the Friends. The intent is to provide on rainy days when users lack back bags, briefcases, or other containers to put their books in, but sometimes they are provided on request or when a user has checked out a lot of books. We buy about 15,000 at a time and the supply lasts up to two years. They are a 16x17x5 Patch Handle Book Bag 2.25 mil. - white film with purple imprint.

Our vendor is

Regal Poypak
9160 Wildflower Court
Hales Corners, WI 53130