[PADG:650] Food and Drink Signage

Hi,

We, here at the University of Oregon Libraries are about to reconfigure our food and drink policy. We would like to hear from those of you who allow food as to what kind of signage you have posted.

1. Do you have cutesy sayings?
2. Do you make any reference at all to any kind of policy?
3. Do you suggest that the students just bring in snacks or are your students allowed to bring in whole cartons of food?

I read with interest the exchanges of a couple weeks ago about food in libraries and how it did not seem to cause any more problems than extra clean-up. Our library administration thinks allowing students to eat might increase the use of the library. We already are discussing the ramifications of messy tables and extra garbage pickups.

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks Carol

Carol Lenocker
Materials Processing &
Conservation Supervisor
University of Oregon Libraries