[PADG:547] treating mold in archives and book collections

Hello,

I would very much like to talk to people who have experience treating mold on archives and bound materials in house, and those who contract work on moldy materials to outside vendors.

In particular, I am interested to learn more about your in-house facilities (where you treat materials in your building, what equipment you use); the type of staff who carry out the procedures; and the general the techniques you use to treat mold.

If you have experience sending materials out for treatment, I would be especially interested to hear about your experiences. I would like to learn where people send their materials, the amount of material they send, and general costs for treatments.

Any information is welcomed,

Patti Gibbons

Patti Gibbons
Preservation Manager