[PADG:517] Re: Changing Book conference discount registration ends June 20

Nancy,
     I registered on line but of course they want real money.  I called today to tell conference registration that money for registration would be forthcoming from Iowa State University Library but not in a timely manner.  They agreed to hold the rate hoping the check came within the week.  If you find yourself talking with anyone about conference registration you might say that I have registered but institutional payment is on the way.

Best regards,
Ivan

>>> nancy-e-kraft@xxxxxxxxx Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:05:11 PM >>>
The Changing Book: Transitions in Design, Production & Preservation

July 22-25, 2005, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa

JUNE 20: Early bird registration deadline. Register by this date and
receive a significant discount.
http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/book2005/pages/registration.htm

What is The Changing Book?

The book, as we know it, is ever-changing in its structure and physical
composition as well as in how it is perceived in the context of other
media. The Changing Book exposition will provide perspective on the
continuing role of the paper book, trends in production, its
preservation, and visions for the future.

Set in beautiful eastern Iowa at the height of summer, the exposition
will include speakers (Mary Lynn Ritzenthaler, National Archives; John
Dean, Cornell University and Chris Clarkson), panels, book exhibitions,
tours and a "tent show" featuring technical demonstrations, vendors,
poster sessions, food, fun and music. The exposition will offer an
informal, lively ambience for discussion, entertainment and inspiration,
much in the spirit of a county fair.

Professionals and students dedicated to the traditional book and its
preservation in the digital age are invited to attend. Early bird
registration (by June 20, 2005) provides a remarkable discount. For more
information or to register call 1-800-551-9029 or check online at
www.lib.uiowa.edu/book2005 <http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/book2005>

Updates to The Changing Book include:

Tent Show programming
(http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/book2005/pages/tentshow.htm