[PADG:463] Re: [Fwd: Electronic petition for Restoration of Funding for NHPRC]

Joy and All,

Good thinking. As the current PARS chair, I will pursue this with the ALCTS office and Board.

Thanks,

Yvonne

Joy Paulson wrote:

When this issue came up a few years ago (I think it was in 2001), PARS put forward a resolution to the ALCTS Board of Directors, which then sent it on to ALA Council. ALA did vote to send a letter asking for continued support of NHPRC. I can no longer remember the exact wording, but if someone checks with either the ALCTS or ALA executive offices, I'm sure it could be used to put forward a similar motion this year. I know when I did some investigation at the time, it was clear that the conservation community made great use of the research and training opportunities of NHPRC. Raising our voices at that time did make a difference.

Joy