[PADG:425] Photo Project

Dear Kathryn:

This could be a perfect field work project for one of our conservator students. All students in the Kilgarlin Center's preservation administration and conservation programs of study complete field work--typically 5-6-week full-time projects. If you can provide a stipend to cover living expenses and plane fare for the 5-6 weeks, I'm sure one of our students would be interested in working on your project.

Please contact me directly if I can provide further information.

Sincerely,
Ellen Cunningham-Kruppa
Director
The Kilgarlin Center for Preservation of the Cultural Record
School of Information
The University of Texas at Austin
1 University Station D7000
Austin TX 78712-0390
Phone: 512.471.8287
FAX: 512.471.8285
E-mail: e.cunnk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I need help from the collective again.  We have received 80,000
unique KS aerial black & white photos dating from 1950's-1970
from the US Dept. of Agriculture.  Due to improper storage over
the years, many are badly curled.  We have tried putting a small
amount in a book press for several weeks with no success.  Is
there anything else we can do or do you have any suggestions to
where they can be worked on?  (We do not have a conservator on
staff.) I'm thinking about posting it to CONS Dist List.

Thanks for all the help on the barcode question.
Kathryn

Kathryn Talbot
Government Publications
314, Hale Library