[PADG:408] Re: Institutional Membership to Professional Organizations

Dear Stefanie,

Membership in the ALA/ALCTS/Preservation and Reformatting Section might also be of interest to you. See the various discussion group offerings at http://www.ala.org/ALCTSTemplate.cfm?Section=alctssectionscont&Template=/TaggedPage/TaggedPageDisplay.cfm&TPLID=16&ContentID=7993

If training is what you are after, because of your location, you might also look at SOLINET's preservation training if you have not done so already. See their website at http://www.solinet.net/preservation/preservation_home.cfm

Still another thought is to check with Don Etherington (Etherington Conservation Center) who will design training programs for conservation technicians. See his website at http://www.donetherington.com/

Good luck,

Yvonne

DuBose, Stefanie wrote:

Hi everyone,

Do libraries with preservation labs normally hold memberships in professional organizations? Neither the library nor art schools provide preservation courses, but I think our preservation staff would greatly benefit from such membership.

Thanks,

Stefanie

Stefanie DuBose
Head, Acquisitions