[PADG:349] Preservation Education Directory 8th Edition

Title: Message
Dear Colleagues: The Preservation Education Directory, 8th edition, has been reformatted to facilitate use and is now available at the ALA web site at http://www.ala.org/ala/alctscontent/alctspubsbucket/webpublications/alctspreservation/preseddir/home.htm.

Some of the changes the PARS Education Committee recommended were to

(1) Break up the Introduction into smaller sections, including Background, Acknowledgements, and Disclaimers
(2) Addition of an FAQ page
(3) Cleaning up the "look" (and printability) of the publication by removing title, author, and ALA information from all but the Home page; and
(4) Linking a search function to the ALA search engine.

We hope that by re-organizing the delivery of this information to make it a more compatible with online use. The Committee plans to update the content of the Directory in 2006/2007.

Thank you to the staff of ALCTS for assisting with this revision!

Please feel free to share this information with others and other listservs. I apologize for any cross-posting.

Respectfully,

Karen Brown
SUNY Albany