[PADG:222] Institutional Preservation Laboratory Guidelines

Title: Message
Hi All,

Our P&C area is due to be inspected this month by the University's Office of Environmental Health and Safety.  While we have been commended for our adherence to the institutional guidelines, we've discovered that the University lab guidelines at times do not apply to us.  We would like to have some guidelines in place so that we, and the inspectors, are aware of the expectations and rules that we are to meet.  Do other P&C labs have an instititionally developed set of guidelines, specific to preservation labs, which they follow?  Our concern is that if the expections are different, and are not documented, we will be held responsible for non-compliance.

Thanks,

Stefanie

Stefanie DuBose
Head, Acquisitions