[PADG:198] Re: PADG digest 804

Diane,

Like Michigan, we use the LBS C-cloth. We also rely heavily on their
Conservation Buckram line of cloth. Many of the discontinued C-cloth colors
are now available or are closely matched in the Conservation Buckram. We
like the workability and durability of the cloth, the slight texture is
pleasing, and it comes in a good range of colors if you need to match a
cloth for rebacking.

Beth Doyle, Collections Conservator
Duke University Libraries
Perkins Library
Campus Box 90189
Durham, NC 27708-0189
919-660-5985

      To: <padg@xxxxxxx>

 Subject: [PADG:195] Buckram for library book
          repair

I'm the bindery coordinator in a mid-sized academic library.  We
perform simple book repair, up to casing in with new endsheets.  I'm
coming to the end of my inherited stock of buckram of unknown
provenance, and thinking about what buckram or other material I should
purchase.

<snip>

Thanks,
Diane Westerfield, Bindery/Preservation Coordinator
Loyola University Chicago, Cudahy Library Bindery
dwester@xxxxxxx