[PADG:179] Use of 583 Action Note

Dear PADG: I was wondering who of you are using the 583 Action Note to record deferred treatment, e.g., "3X" brittle books that are being returned to the shelf for reformatting/replacement at a later date. If so, I am looking for some counsel, including models for the action note/s, and options for reviewing these materials in future. Before we consider putting the "backlog" back on the shelf I feel I need how others do this. With limited resources we are working towards selection of only our "1X" holdings that circulate, but would like to manage others in the best way possible.

Thank you in advance,

Karen Brown/University at Albany Libraries
1400 Washington Ave, LE 310
Albany, NY 12222
518/437-3923