[PADG:64] Fwd: Food and Drink in the Library

Forwarded for Mary Hastler; please respond directly to
hastler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> hastler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 6/10/2004 5:05:52 PM >>>
Harford County Public Library is about to open a cafe in its newest
branch
and we are interested in knowing what other libraries around the
country do
about allowing food and drink in the library.

Do you allow food and drink?
Any limitations, such as lidded cups, or types of refreshments?
Definitions of ok kinds of foods?
Restricted to any particular area of the library or permitted
everywhere?
Do you have a policy and if so could you refer to it or send me a
copy?
If you do allow food and drink, how long have you had this policy and
what
type of problems have you experienced (if any) with serious spills or
damage
to library materials, furnishings or computers?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mary Hastler
Public Services Administrator
Harford County Public Library