[PADG:18] Books damaged during mail room processing?

Currently, we have contract staff @ an off-site facility screening all
mail (looking for bio-hazards) for the Capitol Hill campus, & often
materials are being damaged in the process.  Mostly we are seeing covers
that have been slashed with a box-cutter.  We are trying to develop a
positive training session to address this issue, & would like to offer
suggestions for safely opening boxes & for tools that might be less
damaging.  Has anyone else attempted this type of training?  If so,
would you mind sharing your recommendations?

Thanks for any assistance &/or information you can provide!,
werner

Werner Haun
Collections Conservator
Head of Collections Care Section