[PADG:2373] RE: Fwd: Duke News -- [EMBARGOED] Unusual Collection of American Newspapers Donatedto Duke Libraries

Though I am not sure who will respond, here are two questions with regard to
the Duke News item:

1. Are the remainder of the ANR papers still housed in the "old mill
converted to a public building?"  Can anyone report on the storage
conditions there?  I wonder what ANR means when it states that it
"preserves" the papers.

2. How will Duke University Libraries provide access to the papers?  Will
they be brought out for individual patrons to use on request?  Assuming that
microfilming for preservation purposes may not be in the picture, will the
collection be digitized?

Walter Cybulski
Head, Quality Assurance Unit
Preservation & Collection Mgmt. Section