[PADG:2346] Sound Collection sample RFPs

Dear Colleagues:

The University at Albany Libraries are planning for an audio reformatting and cataloging project and are seeking sample RFPs from those of you who may have undertaken similar projects. The project entails the reformatting of several hundred reel-to-reel tapes of various sizes, speeds, and playable conditions to digital format. In addition to reformatting the physical items, the vendor will verify descriptive information already gathered in a database and record the usual metadata. We have one example from another institution, but would appreciate a diversity of possibilities as we craft our own document. We have also requested relevant documents from the granting agency as well.

Thank you in advance --

Karen Brown/Preservation Librarian
University at Albany, LE310
518/437-3923