[PADG:2333] Eastman House Summer workshop

>From Paula De Stefano.
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Charles -- I sent the posting below to PADG list and did not see it
posted. Should I just try again? Perhaps it went awry??  Thanks, Paula

-----Original Message-----
From: Paula De Stefano [mailto:pd3@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 4:48 PM
To: Owner-Padg

Dear Colleagues -- I thought others on the listserv might be interested in
the attached notice re: a summer workshop offered by IPI, RIT and Eastman
House.  --Best regards, Paula

***PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS:   destefano@xxxxxxx
______________________________
Paula De Stefano
Head, Preservation Dept.
New York University Libraries

George Eastman House
Rochester Institute of Technology
Image Permanence Institute

A week-long program of lectures and workshops on traditional photo
collection preservation techniques will expand your expertise on what
materials are typically found in photo collections, how they deteriorate,
how to store and protect them, and how preservation fits in with other
collection activities.

Throughout the week, you’ll also learn about the basics of digital imaging
and how various image-capture, storage, display, and output strategies
compare. In addition, presentations will explain the design and application
of image database systems—always keeping in context the balance that must be
struck between traditional and digital preservation and access.

Program Fee:  $1,400

For registration and further information visit www.rit.edu/IPI or contact
Stacey VanDenburgh at (585) 271-3361 ext. 323 or seminar@xxxxxxx

--- End Message ---