[PADG:2147] selector training

Many of the collection managers/developers responsible for selecting brittle
books for preservation microfilming here at the University of Florida will
be retiring in the next few years.  Therefore, I am looking for examples of
selector training programs that other Universities may have devised to help
guide newly hired selectors at their institutions.  If you have any training
documents or workshops you use to train selectors at your institution make
better/faster/easier preservation decisions, and you would be willing to
share with me, I would be most grateful.  If you don't have anything written
down explicitly but just talk to them, I could use that as well.

As usual, I will summarize for the list, if there is interest.

Cathy

Cathleen L. Mook
Head, Preservation Department
University of Florida