[PADG:2108] Binding and barcodes

We now are at a point that we need to reorder piggyback barcodes and find
that they are considerably higher in price (since our last order), and we
are considering other options.   If you use piggyback barcodes, who is your
vendor, and are you happy with the product?

The other alternative that we are considering is using a single barcode,
but purchasing a barcode printer to duplicate the barcode after the item is
returned from the bindery.    If anyone is using this method, I would be
interested in what type of printer you are using and what kind of label
stock.    Also, I would be interested in the workflow implications, i.e.
how much extra time this might add to the processing of a bindery shipment.

Thanks for your help
	-Beth
Beth Picknally Camden    	                              Voice:  (434) 924-7791
Director, Cataloging Services    	                    Fax:  (434) 982-4579
Alderman Library 		              Internet:  bpcamden@xxxxxxxxxxxx
P.O. Box 400108 		          http://www.people.virginia.edu/~bp2f
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4108
The secret of getting ahead is getting started. -- Mark Twain