[PADG:2055] Re: Labels on polyester

Just a couple thoughts.
Bobbie Pilette

At 01:43 PM 6/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
We are working with a collection of posters that had been encapsulated
years ago---they contain no i.d. or call numbers.  We need to mark the
posters for identification---but don't care to go to any greater lengths
than necessary (i.e., opening them---which we will do if we have to).  At
this point, the easiest solution wiould be to affix labels directly to the
polyester.  What's the latest best advice re: labels that will adhere
permanently to polyester?
Thanks,
Tyra Grant
Head, Preservation Department