[PADG:1842] Aging Microfiche

Dear Colleagues:  We have several cabinets of diazo microfiche in our
Documents Center.  Some of it is turning rather brown.  These fiche tend to
be about 20 years old, but some are younger.  The text is still legible,
but I wonder what we can expect for the future.  Also wonder if there is
anything we can do to mitigate the process.  These fiche are kept separate
from our silver fiche sets, but  I'm not sure if the diazo is kept separate
in other departments in the library.

Please send your responses directly to me.

Joan Gatewood
University of Michigan Library
joangate@xxxxxxxxx