[PADG:1836] Re: Research Interview

Adrienne - I disagree with you on availability of information on
preservation administration.   My vertical files have 5 inches of
information on preservation management, and my library has 16 inches on the
shelf filled with preservation administration manuals (not how-to books).
I can fax you a bibliography of some of the books and articles that
appeared on the topic in the 1990s, if you like.  And each article and book
has its own bibliography, of course.

Ellen McCrady

>My name is Adrienne Bell and I am currently a student working towards my
>Master's in Library Information Science, focusing on preservation
>management, at the University of Pittsburgh.  For one of my classes, I am
>working on a paper discussing the use of records management within
>preservation and conservation.  While attempting to research this topic, I
>discovered that written materials on this topic are scarce.  I have
>therefore turned to a different means of gathering the information I
>require for my paper.  I am posting this to the listserv in the hope that
>several of you might be willing to complete an email "interview" that I
>have drawn up.  My intentions for this interview are to gain a better
>understanding of the types of records, and the degree to which they are
>managed, within the preservation and conservation communities.  The
>interview is not long in length and hopefully should not take up a large
>portion of your time.  If you would be willing to help me by complet!
>ing this interview, please email me offline at aeb18@xxxxxxxx by next
>Monday, November 4, 2002.  Please note that answering these questions
>indicates your willingness to be included in this research.

Abbey Publications, Inc.
7105 Geneva Dr.
Austin, TX  78723
Ph:   512/929-3992