[PADG:1740] Re: preservation endowments

Dear Whitney,

If you haven't already, you might be interested in taking a look
at the Getty Grant Program's web page at http://www.getty.edu/grants

Good luck with your project.

Best wishes,

Jackie Zak
Information Resources
Getty Conservation Institute

>>> Whitney_Pape@xxxxxxxxx 06/25/02 10:20AM >>>
As I alerted those attending the PADG meeting in Atlanta, I'm writing to
you for some help.

I am gathering information about U.S. institution-based endowments funding
preservation work.  If your institution or one you know of has any such
endowment, I would love an e-mail with this information, including the
appropriate person to contact at that institution.

I'll be contacting those institutions with a questionnaire to find out more
about what the sources of the endowment were and how the endowment income
is used.  I'm hoping to present this information to the preservation and
broader library community in an article that Eric Shoaf and I will submit
for publication in Advances in Librarianship.

Please respond with any endowment information you're aware of and help me
provide information and inspiration to institutions wishing to build
endowments, as well as fresh ideas for institutions with existing endowments.

Thanks!

Whitney Pape

Whitney Pape
NEH Preservation Librarian