[PADG:1624] Fwd: Transfer guidelines for Rare Books

Dear Friends,

I thought these guidelines on transfer of rare materials from
Cornell  would be of interest

Barbara

>Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:15:24 -0500
>To: Cornell University Library <CU-LIB@xxxxxxxxxxx> (cu-lib)
>From: Katherine Reagan <kr33@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Transfer guidelines for Rare Books
>Sender: owner-CU-LIB@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Dear CUL,
>The Library's new guidelines for the transfer of rare materials from
>circulating collections to special collections is now available on the
>Staff Web.
>
>These guidelines, adapted from national policy written by the Rare Books
>and Manuscripts Section of ACRL, can help CUL staff identify potentially
>rare or at risk materials in open stack collections.
>
>I'd be happy to hear comments or answer questions.  The policy is
>available at:
>
>http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/RMCTransGuidelines.html
>

>Special thanks to Valerie Brown, Jim LeBlanc, and David Block for helping
>to get the document on the Web.
>
>Katherine Reagan
>Curator of Rare Books
>Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections
>Cornell University Library
>Ithaca,  NY  14853
>607-255-3530
>http://rmc.library.cornell.edu

Barbara B. Eden
Cornell University Library                      phone:  607-255-5291
Assistant Director for Operations               fax:    607-254-7493
Department of Preservation
and Conservation
B32 Olin Library
Ithaca, NY 14853