[PADG:1620] ALA Preservation Graphics

ALCTS and ALA Graphics are working together on a series of poster/graphics
products and soliciting our preservation ideas.  It has been a number of
years since the ALA preservation "Going, going, gone" bookmarks, posters,
and brochure.

We need your ideas to make this current series the most effective possible.
Any types of items in the ALA Graphics catalog are fair game -- posters,
bookmarks, key chains, mugs, etc.

Some suggestions that have been made by ALCTS:

-- Audience: general public, both adults and kids
-- Keep it positive, no negatives (e.g., showing what NOT to do)
-- Not too serious, keep it simple, no library lingo

We will post your ideas on a web page and let you know where you can view
them and make comments. Please send to Jeanne Drewes as this email:
pr_submissions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, by April Fool's Day. They can be
descriptions of ideas, drawings, etc. You can fax graphics to be scanned to
Jeanne at fax 517 432 1010. Comments will be collected in May and passed
onto ALCTS.

There are a lot of creative people in PADG, so here is your chance to "be
published." If your idea is turned into a product, you will be rewarded with
a selection of products and much fame! Please feel free to pass this on to
other listservs that might also have people who can offer ideas.

Thanks for your help.
Julie Page and Jeanne Drewes

Jeanne Drewes
Assistant Director for Access & Preservation
Michigan State University Libraries
100 Libraries
East Lansing, MI  48823
517 432 7486