[PADG:1551] Binding Discussion Group at ALA Midwinter

The combined Library Binding Discussion Group and Binding Automation
Discussion Group will be taking place on Sunday, January 20, 2002 from
2-4pm at the Marriott Hotel, Mardi Gras Ballroom B.

The anticipated agenda is as follows:

1) Announcements
2) Library Binding Institute: Update from Don Dunham
3) Paul Parisi from Acme Bindery has agreed to provide us with a brief
look back at the LBI standards over the past 10 years or so with an
emphasis on recent changes. I'm hoping to open up a dialogue regarding
the level of involvement of librarians in the creation of standards,
whether people feel adequately included in the process, and how we can
keep ourselves informed and involved.
4) David Walls, chair of the Binding Automation Discussion
Group, and Emily Holmes, chair of the Library Binding Discussion Group
will lead a discussion related to whether the Binding Automation
Discussion Group is still necessary and relevant, or whether the
Library Binding Discussion Group can cover both the traditional binding
topics as well as software related topics.
5) Marco Smits from SF-Systems will be giving an update of Sf-System's
ILS Data Capture software.
6) Open Discussion.

Emily Holmes
Assistant Preservation Librarian