[PADG:1541] PARS DG at Mid-winter

What:           PARS
Discussion Group meeting at ALA Mid-winter
When:           Sunday,
January 20th from 4:30 - 6:00
Where:  Embassy Suites, Lafitte II (Please
confirm in the official schedule upon arrival in New Orleans)
Topics:
A.      The Role of the
Discussion Group
        Wes
Boomgaarden, Preservation Librarian at Ohio State University, will lead a
discussion about how our discussion groups can
   better support our information sharing
and networking.
B.      RBMS Security
Committee and PARS
        Anne Marie
Lane, Curator of Rare Books at the American Heritage Center, University
of Wyoming Library and co-chair of the RBMS  Security
Committee, will begin a discussion about the possibility of increased
cooperation between our units in terms of security
      concerns. Examples of
guidelines previously developed by RBMS are available at
http://www.rbms.nd.edu/.
The ACRL Guidelines     Regarding
Thefts in Libraries is on the homepage?s top level, and the ACRL
Guidelines for the Security of Rare Books,
  Manuscripts, and Other Special Collections
is located under the ?Standards and Guidelines? section of the website.
For questions or more information about PARS DG, please contact co-chairs Jane Hedberg (jane_hedberg@xxxxxxxxxxx) or Tom Teper (tteper@xxxxxxxx).