[PADG:1374] Revision of the ALA Preservation Policy

Good News!  The revised ALA Preservation Policy was approved by ALA
Council!  This is a major accomplishment we should be proud of, especially in
light of the negative publicity preservation has received due to the Baker book.
We received very solid support from Council, and Ross Atkinson, the ALCTS
representative to Council, did a great job in presenting our case.

Thank you to everyone who submitted suggestions.  A special thanks goes out
to Irene Schubert (chair) and the PARS Policy, Planning and Research Committee
who organized the revision, solicited input, and actually drafted the changes.

Joy

Joy Paulson					email:   jp243@xxxxxxxxxxx
Preservation Librarian				phone: (607) 255 - 7950
A.R. Mann Library				fax:      (607 255 - 0318
Cornell University
Ithaca, 14853