[PADG:1337] Team-based organization

Has anyone had experience, within a preservation
department (especially one within a Technical Services
Division), moving from the traditional hierarchical
organization structure to a flattened, team-based
organization?  We would be interested in hearing about your
experience, and any recommendations or lessons that you
would be willing to share.  Also, we would be interested in
knowing if you went into the transition with mechanisms for
evaluating the success of the new organization.  I will be
happy to summarize responses for the list, if you prefer to
respond to me off-list.

Thank you.

Yvonne A. Carignan
Preservation Department Head