From:   Paula De Stefano [SMTP:destefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Tuesday, February 20, 2001 2:54 PM
To:     PADG@xxxxxxx
Subject:        [PADG:1217] Shelf-ready binding

As part of NYU Libraries' approval plan, our vendor has offered
to bind new paperbacks, as well as provide cataloging and
labeling, so they can go directly to the shelf when received. Is
this binding shortcut  coming up for anyone else? Are any of you
doing this already, or have any of you seen examples of the
bindings approval plan vendors are offering?

Paula De Stefano
Barbara Goldsmith Curator for Preservation and
  Head, Preservation Department
New York University Libraries
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012