[PADG:1211] Re: title label software

Shannon - At Abbey Publications, we have a garage full of back issues,
stored in boxes with neat, attractive labels that are printed with
Microsoft Word for the Mac.  We use Word 5.1 or Word 97-98, printing the
volumes and numbers first, then putting a "border" around the words, and
cutting off the spare paper afterwards.

The most problematical part of it is sticking the labels on.  If we wanted
to, we could print on plain gummed label stock, but we use glue sticks,
which are not permanent, you know.

Ellen

>We are looking for software (Mac or PC) that assists in the production of
>laser printed author/title labels for boxes. Are you using a commercial
>application or something designed/adapted in-house? What's good? What's
>new?
>
>Shannon Zachary
>University of Michigan Library

Ellen McCrady, Pres.