[PADG:1109] Re: Paul Banks

Dear Bobbie,
	I received your invitation.  Thanks.  Here's my dilemma:  the date
falls at the beginning of  Bib Week.  I need to be at some meetings at the
end of that week, but arriving for the Monday Celebration for Paul would
obligate me to spend 6 days in NYC, right in the midst of our academic
quarter.  I wonder if any one else has this concern?
	One alternative would be for me to write something up about those
wonderful Newberry years, which maybe Norvell could read.  Norvell was at
the Newberry a few years before I was.
	Cheers,  Michele>

Please join friends and colleagues of Paul N. Banks in a "Celebration of
>His Life" on January 22, 2001, 5:30 p.m., at the Grolier Club, 47 East 60th
>St, New York, NY.
>
>Norbert Baer, Terry Belanger, Norvell Jones, Betsy Palmer Eldridge and
>Peter Waters will be sharing their memories of Paul.
>
>An informal reception at the Grolier Club will follow this celebration.
>
>Please rsvp by January 15, 2001:  ursula-and-nilo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  or
>212-932-0636
>

>Bobbie Pilette
>Goldsmith Preservation Division