[PADG:1096] PRESERVATION INSTRUCTION, EDUCATION, AND OUTREACH DISCUSSION GROUP

Co-chairs Janice Mohlhenrich and Karen
Brown wish to extend an invitation to all PADGers to attend our Discussion Group
at ALA Midwinter.  Mark us on your ALA agenda!

GET IN SHAPE!  THE
WELL-ENDOWED PRESERVATION PROGRAM

ALCTS/PARSPRESERVATION
INSTRUCTION, EDUCATION, AND OUTREACH DISCUSSION GROUP

ALA Midwinter 2001 in
Washington, D.C.Sunday January 14, 2:00 to 4:00 pmGrand Hyatt,
Constitution A

Fund raising for preservation involves
careful planning and represents a significant kind of outreach that not only
helps to position preservation within the organization but also reflects the
value of preservation work perceived by donors.  In order to go beyond
stand-alone projects, it is critical to ensure continued support for
preservation activities over the long term.  A panel composed of Eric
Shoaf, Brown University; Andrew Hart, University of North Carolina; and Janice
Mohlhenrich, Emory University will lead a discussion on the establishment and
administration of preservation endowment funds.  We invite comments,
questions and suggestions from anyone in the preservation community who has
insight or experience creating or managing an endowment.