From: Joy Paulson [mailto:jp243@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 1:39 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:1054] ALA Preservation Policy

The ALCTS leadership has asked PARS to review
the ALA Preservation Policy.  The policy was written
in 1990/1991, and I believe that this is the first
review of the policy.

As part of the review process, PARS Exec is soliciting
input from all PARS members.  Irene Schubert
(chair) and the PARS Policy, Planning, and
Research Committee will be leading the review
process in PARS.  Please take the time to review
the policy and send any comments or suggestions
to Irene at isch@xxxxxxxx  Please respond by
October 15, 2000.

The ALA Preservation Policy is available on-line at:
  http://www.ala.org/alcts/publications/preservation.html.

At a later date a draft revision will be shared with
the entire membership of PARS.

Joy Paulson
PARS Chair