[PADG:1034] binding contracts

	Has anyone used the new ANSI/NISO standard for Library Binding as the
basis for an RFP for commercial binding services?  If so, can you offer any
general or specific comments about using this source as a reference tool
instead of the LBI standard, 8th?

	Also, I am interested in what requirements you stipulate for insurance and
security.  Before writing binding RFPs in the past, I studied RFPs and
contracts documents from benchmark institutions.  I observed a "marked
similarity" in the language about insurance coverage.  I also observed
"wide disparity" in the monetary values associated with the insurance and
security coverage.  How do you develop your insurance and security
criteria?   What monetary value(s) do you assign to the level of security
and insurance that your require?  Our Risk Management Office has some
strong opinions about this.  I am not entirely in agreement with their
opinions.   I would like to demonstrate some other approaches.

	I appreciate any comments on or off the PADG listserv.  Many thanks.

Becky Ryder
Preservation Librarian
William T. Young Library
University of Kentucky