From: Barbara Berger Eden [mailto:beb1@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 5:00 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:1013] PARS Reformaating Disc. Group

Please excuse cross-postings to other lists.
ALA/ ALCTS / PARS Reformatting Discussion Group.
Sunday, July 9th, 12:00 noon to 1:30 p.m.
Marriott Downtown - Ohio, Northwestern
Preservation in the Digital (Or any Other) Age: Now that everything's
changed, has anything changed?
If you are attending ALA Chicago 2000, please join a panel consisting of:
- Walter Cybulski, Head, Quality Assurance Unit, Preservation & Collection
Management Section, National Library of Medicine;
- Jeanne Drewes, Assistant Director for Access & Preservation, Michigan
State
University Libraries;
- Normandy Helmer, Head, Preservation and Binding Department, University of
Oregon Library System--Preservation, and
- Lorraine Olley, Head, Preservation Department, Northwestern University
Library
for a discussion of current reformatting options and practices. What
relationships are emerging among the various reformatting approaches? What
is the funding picture? Panelists will briefly discuss preservation
reformatting projects currently underway at their respective institutions.
Consideration will be given to the impact of recent or proposed projects
(e.g. color or continuous tone microfilming; deacidification; digitization
for access; preservation of electronic formats, etc.) on previously
established preservation programs. As always, time will be allotted for
audience participation. If you have any questions, please feel free to
contact: Walter Cybulski, Preservation & Collection Management Section,
National Library of Medicine, phone 301-496-2690; fax 301-496-2864, e-mail:
<walter_cybulski@xxxxxxxxxxx> (note: underscore between first/last names).